In this section you will find videos, dietary information and general information regarding the sport we all love - SWIMMING!
"There is water in every lane, so it is OK."
Ian Thorpe (on being in Lane 5 for a final).
"I always have on my headphones
to block out all of the other distractions and I'm just focused on doing the
best that I can.... There are few of them … DMX Party Up ... Mack 10 BC and Ice
Cube Connected for Life. I also listen to the Eminem CD …whichever song really
gets me going that night".
"Susie had no talent whatsoever.
She's a little person who couldn't even make a final at a state meet - coming
and showing the world that on sheer guts and determination you can do anything
Susie Maroney's coach Dick Caine after her 200 kilometre
marathon swim from Mexico to Cuba
"You can't put a limit on
anything. The more you dream, the farther you get".
"I swam the race like I trained to
swim it. It is not mathematical. I just let my body do it. It is a lot easier if
you let your body do what it is trained for."
Recent Website Updates
- 08/07/18 NER Short Course Qual times added
- 08/07/18 Club Records updated for June 18
- 27/06/18 Club Records updated for May 18
- 27/06/18 Checkout the competitions dates here
- 27/06/18 Results page now updated
- 27/06/18 June Newsletter Now online !
- 27/06/18 Club Policies Page Updated !
- 25/06/18 Volunteer sheet now up at the pool!
- 25/06/18 Entry form for Club Gala HERE
- 21/06/18 Entry for City of Bradford CLOSED
- 05/06/18 Entry Form for City of Bradford here
- 01/05/18 Changes to May Training added
- 30/04/18 Stepping Stones 3 Results here
- 28/04/18 Stepping Stones 3 Sponsor added
- 13/04/18 Results now updated Click here
- 13/03/18 Stepping Stones 3 Entry Form Here
- 26/02/18 Kit Shop is now OPEN Click here
- 26/02/18 New Club Records added
- 08/02/18 Stockport Metro Entry Form Here
- 07/02/18 Stepping Stones 3 Entry Form Here
- 21/01/18 Stepping Stones 2 Results Added
- 18/01/18 Updated Competition Calendar Added
- 12/12/17 New Meet dates Added
- 02/12/17 New Water Form Added Here
- 29/10/17 Club Records updated
- 07/09/17 Info on How to Buy the Club kit
- 14/07/17 Change to Training added here
Stepping Stones 3
Skipton Swimming Club host four galas per year, three Stepping Stones Galas and our Annual Club Gala at Craven Pool, Skipton.
We are currently looking for sponsors to advertise in our gala programmes, if you are self-employed and interested in sponsoring our events, please contact Sandra for further details on 07980871928 or email@example.com
Collect Free Funds for us when you shop for your swimwear at ProSwimwear. Click on the link below.
Skipton Swimming Club are holding a Coffee morning at Church House in Grassington today Come and enjoy a fab tombo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
** Check your emails for latest info * Airedale & Wharfedale Gala 2 - Saturday 14th July 2018 at Shipley Pool at 18… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Due to the COBSC 'Summer Sun' Meet being under subscribed, The amended warm up times are 9.30am Warm up, to start a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…